About Me

Hi, I'm Jaime! I live with my husband and best friend Brian and our little baby Cooper (a 100 pound Labradoodle!) I feel so blessed everyday to have such wonderful friends and family and just wanted to start this blog to keep those near and far up-to-date on what's going on in our lives. (can't promise anything too exciting, but here's to trying!) Hope you have a wonderful day!=)

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

THIRTY already? Can this really be!!?!


So, Brian turned the big 3-0 in April and my b-day is inching closer and closer (eeeeeek!).  After thinking about what we wanted to do for our big birthdays we both decided a fun trip would be the best way to celebrate!  And after much discussion we landed on Lake Tahoe for our get-a-way vacation. =)  We both had never been and had heard wonderful things about it.  We decided to fly into San Francisco and then drive to the lake which ended up being a blast!  Brian’s been so busy lately that having it just be the two of us without any distractions was awesome. We had some much needed quality time and just got to hangout and have fun together.  Plus, now that we’ll be welcoming a new addition to the family in December we thought this could be our little baby moon trip as well. =)  Why not kill two birds with one stone, right!? Haha! (Brian liked this idea!)
Our trip started out not exactly as planned. =( We had some major delays, and instead of getting in to San Fran at 11am we got there at 3:30. Boo!  Our original plan was to spend the day in Napa, so we had to alter that a bit, but were excited we made it to at least one winery and got to drive around the adorable town.  We definitely want to go back! Especially when I can partake in the wine tasting as well! ;)  Anyone up for a couple’s trip!?! (Please say yes!)
Day 1: 
Got our rental, took a quick stroll through San Fran and headed to Napa Valley. So beautiful!  Everywhere you looked on our drive seemed fake it was that pretty!   

Got to see the Golden Gate on our way out of town!

Here we come!



Day 2:
Lake Tahoe here we are!  We loved our resort and no one was lying….Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places B and I have ever been!  We kept saying we sounded like a broken record because everywhere we turned we were saying, “wow, this is so beautiful, wow this is so beautiful…..” 


Day 2 we went hiking.  And we learned right away that Lake Tahoe has BEARS! That’s right real bears, our resort warned us about leaving food in our cars and then the bear warnings continued! I was so scared to go on our hike at first!  I also learned this trip that B is WAY more adventurous than me!  He kept wanting to go off the path and climb on these rocks that looked way way too scary…crazy person!  Doesn’t he know I’m a worrier? 
See I wasn't being a drama queen!



Look how clear that water is..so crazy.


What we saw at the top of our hike...so amazing this hidden lake on top of the mountain.

16 week preggo pic!
Day 3:
Day 3 we started the morning by renting bikes and going on a trail that ran by the river which lead to Lake Tahoe.  It was really fun, but man, was I sore afterwards!  That along with the hiking really did me in. =)  





That afternoon it was kinda cloudy, so we decided to take a boat cruise to see the whole lake and to actually get on the water. And I know we’re ridiculous about Coop (we can totally admit it!), but we were missing him so just had to buy him a little souvenir.=)  We looked for a stuffed bear to go with the Tahoe theme…but ended up with a moose! Which he loves and it’s actually his new favorite toy! Score!  


Then, that night we had a nice dinner that overlooked the lake to celebrate the reason for our trip!  It was really pretty to watch the sunset over the water (sorry sort of missed that photo opt!)   
Dinner at Sunnyside

Day 4:We got up at the crack of dawn to go fishing. I am not even joking! We had to be on the boat at 4:30AM! Yes, AM!  That is how much I love my husband!  Ole, Mac showed us the ropes, and even made me kiss a minnow for good luck!  So gross! I was only 1 of 2 girls so of course he picked on us!  But, sadly we didn’t catch anything and we were on the charter for 6 hours!  So I ended up kissing a minnow for nothing after all.  Dang it. Brian was pretty bummed, but we at least went out and tried!  




Ole Mac himself

Patient Brian =)


Sad face! No fish to come home with =(
So needless to say that afternoon we were pooped. So a beach day it was! It was nice to just relax and catch some sun!



Day 5 & 6: 
We made our way back to San Francisco and bummed around the city for 2 days before making our way back to the big D.

Does this not look like a car going to San Fran!?!
We took the bus tour, which was a great way to see the city!  The Golden Gate Bridge was so cool.  They were celebrating the 75th anniversary of the bridge, so that was neat.  We went to the famous Lombard Street too.  The world’s crookedest street! It was so crazy.  AND of course we had to ride a trolley! It was like a roller coaster with all those crazy hills! We checked out Fishman’s Wharf and had to get some fresh crab! Yummy!! And then we just walked around a bit on the piers.  We checked out Chinatown….which was huge! We were joking that we actually could never get out of Chinatown..haha!  Might have just been us tho!  We stayed in Union Square, which has tons of good shopping too! So since I went fishing with B in Tahoe he was pretty quiet when we spent one afternoon checking out the amazing shops!! Hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! =) 
Lombard Street





SO WINDY!!!


Our time in San Francisco was really short, but we had a blast and it was fun seeing as much of the city as we did.  The California mentality was so funny….we heard a lot of “right ons” and “thanks bro”- haha! Everyone was so friendly though.  I was SO SORE when we got home!  All those hills are crazy! And to think women are wearing heels and people are running through the city!  I could barely walk up some of those suckers, let alone run.  Needless to say, I felt pretty dang out of shape once we returned home. So sad!    But all in all, we had a great time! Definitely want to go back again!!  And we would definitely definitely recommend Lake Tahoe.  Some great memories for our 30th b-day celebrations and it was so fun just being able to hang out with my best friend.  I had missed him!    

View from our room in Tahoe

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! John and I went to San Francisco for the honeymoon and one of my favorite parts was the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love San Fran and Lake Tahoe! Glad you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete