skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Our Reboot!
Have you guys heard of this documentary? Well we sure as heck hadn't until one of my cousins over Christmas started telling us about it and filled us in on Joe Cross and his juice cleansing 'Reboot' across America! It really is inspiring to watch and really makes you think about what you put in your body. Long story short, he was sick, overweight and had a rare medical condition and decide to do a juice fast for 60 days and got incredible results. After Brian and I watched the movie we were totally in, went out and bought our first juicer and our 'Reboot' began...
So, first off I just have to say we did not do this to loose weight, promise! (I had to explain this to my mom a million times!) We did this as a detox and just thought it would be a good way to start off the new year! It's suppose to help retrain your taste buds and give your body a break and instead of working on digesting all the food we eat it can help go and heal other parts of your body that need a little extra help. =)
I have to admit...we both were a little scared at first, but in all honest it really wasn't that bad at all. We did our fast for 6 days and both said we would definitely do it again! I have to say the hardest part is actually making the juice. It is SO much work! (and is sort of expense too!) But, one night we made a date night of it and went to Whole Food's juice bar for a little change of scenery.
Our favorite juice ended up being the Green Juice that they drink in the movie lots and lots...but it really is pretty good...swear!
Green Juice
6 leaves Kale
2 cups Spinach
1/2 Cucumber
4 Stalks Celery
2 Green Apples
1 Ginger Root
1/2 Lemon
So we both admit, we're not so sure about doing it for much longer than 6 days...it was a great experience but we were definitely ready to eat whole food again. I have never been more excited for dinner before in my life! And our sushi meal was amazing! =)
Next on the agenda.....P90X! (I'm scared!!)
Hmmm, you are making me want to try this!!
ReplyDeleteJaime!!! I love you friend! One of my resolutions for 2012 is to eat more vegetables, and I'm thinking this might just do the trick! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI'm catching up on blog posts... but I am definitely going to have to see this movie! I drink a green smoothie most mornings and really like it. I've never made juice though!
ReplyDeleteDrew and I did P90X together. It is super hard, but we had so much fun working out together... and it seriously works!
Love you!!!