About Me

Hi, I'm Jaime! I live with my husband and best friend Brian and our little baby Cooper (a 100 pound Labradoodle!) I feel so blessed everyday to have such wonderful friends and family and just wanted to start this blog to keep those near and far up-to-date on what's going on in our lives. (can't promise anything too exciting, but here's to trying!) Hope you have a wonderful day!=)

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Going Local!


 
So, you’ve heard about our juicing extravaganza, well if you can believe it, we’ve continued, and each have at least one juice a day if not more.  If any of you have tried it, you know first hand it can get pretty expensive because you need all fresh produce and of course our goal was to have mostly organic and as local as possible.  Well, you all know my husband! Ha-ha! He was wanting to shop at Wal-Mart, while I was opting for the Whole Foods route…so we decided to meet in the middle…and our local farmer’s market it was!  And to be honest, first of the year I really started to read labels and realized that these organic cherry tomatoes I’ve been buying for months, were actually a product of Mexico, then certified organic in California, distributed in Ohio and then sent to my local grocery store where I bought them in Dallas. I was baffled when I read this! How can this be good! This was another reason the farmer’s market was on our “must do” list for 2012!
 
So, we decided to make this our Saturday morning routine….just grab a coffee and take a stroll down to the market.  It’s actually really fun, especially since the weathers been so nice out and it really does feel good to support the local market.  And Brian gets to use his charming personality to bargain with the farmers, we save money and it’s a great time just for the two of us to hangout and talk after a stressful work week.  I’ll have to let you know how long we last on this new routine…I’m hoping we’ll keep it up, and am all about going local this year! Woohoo =) 

2 comments:

  1. Love the farmers market! I can totally see Brian bargaining with the farmers too. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holla for buying local! Farmers Markets here aren't quite ready to go, but I can't wait! Love your routine!

    Miss you friend:)

    ReplyDelete