About Me

Hi, I'm Jaime! I live with my husband and best friend Brian and our little baby Cooper (a 100 pound Labradoodle!) I feel so blessed everyday to have such wonderful friends and family and just wanted to start this blog to keep those near and far up-to-date on what's going on in our lives. (can't promise anything too exciting, but here's to trying!) Hope you have a wonderful day!=)

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Sunny Phoenix? Well, finally!!


So this past weekend I met my mom and sister in Phoenix (well technically Scottsdale), just for a fun girls trip! We were so excited to just lay by the pool, get some sun and relax.  Well, if you can believe it Phoenix had record lows and was rainy and cold for part of our trip, but we made the most of it and still ended up having a wonderful time.  Omaha was actually warmer than Phoenix, can you believe that!?!

We got lucky and found out that Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West was not far from our resort at all, so ended up going to tour it on our rainy day.  It was so cool and had amazing views of the McDowell Mountains!  Taliesin West was huge. It housed Lloyd’s private residence. Where he actually lived until he passed away. Also, the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture is in session for 6 months out of the year here as well.  The drafting house, as they call it, really took me back to the good ole days of studio at K-State. Oh the memories, trace paper everywhere, thorn up models, and empty coffee and pop cans everywhere you looked! Haha!  Since it was cold for 3 of the days we did much more shopping than expected! But, that’s ok, we weren’t complaining too much.  =) On our last day though we got pretty lucky weather wise and were able to lay by the pool as we had hoped all along! It was beautiful and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky!  We all got to relax, have a cocktail and get some rays! All in all, we had a very memorable trip.  We had some much needed girl time and I don’t know what it is about moms, but you always feel so much better after being with them.  I miss my mom and sister so much already but we’re already talking about where we should hit up next year! I think it’s official-- we’ll be making this an annual trip. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment